Top 5 Characteristics That Distinguish The Best Real Estate Agent
What to Look for When Hiring a Real Estate Agent
When considering buying or selling a home, the first most important task for you to take in will be deciding who is the best Realtor® to work with.
Although you may think combing through all of the current listings and driving through neighborhoods to see what’s going on first would be more important.
There may be a time when you need to act quickly.
If that happens, you’re going to want to be armed with the best agent possible for the job.
You don’t want to be stuck with a weak, or inexperienced real estate agent because you didn’t take the time to interview for the right agent.
So, how do you find the best real estate agent? It’s much like the hiring process used in most other businesses. Except it’s a lot easier to find your candidates. You won’t have to post “HELP WANTED” signs and ads everywhere, because the potential candidates (myself included) will be actively seeking you out. We are the agents you see everywhere. From the top of every Google search, to the prominent real estate agent signs you see while driving around. We’re everywhere.
The best thing you can do to identify the “best hire” is to have a conversation with your favorite candidates. You can call them up or drop in their office. Heck, you might even run into them at an open house. Keep in mind these conversations, whether business or casual conversations are the interview. Or at least the first interview. Most of the best jobs will require more than one interview. And remember You’re the boss; the agents are the ones interviewing-and who you hire matters. During the conversation try to ensure your agent at least these five characteristics and you’ll at least be off to a good start. Not necessarily in any order.
- Professionalism. This is a no brainer. Every real estate agent should at the very least be professional. That’s not always the case. Pay attention to how they speak. And how they’re dressed. A true professional will carry him or herself well. They will show respect and will receive it.
- Accessibility. Look for a full time real estate agent. Part time agents won’t have the time or availability to handle your transaction with the skill, care and diligence needed. The last thing you want is to miss out on a better deal because your agent was unavailable. This is very important.
- Authority. The best will know their product inside and out. In this case the product is real estate. They will not only understand the market and neighborhood, they also understand people and how to handle the many different personalities out there. They’ll know how to structure the deal so it is in your best interest. If you are looking for the best deal in Coral Springs, FL, will they know where to find it? They better.
- Dedication. Ensure your real estate partner is committed to real estate. Are you dealing with a true real estate professional? Or someone that’s watched one too many episodes of “Millionaire Real Estate” looking for a payday. If they’re not committed, you may find yourself looking around wondering where your agent went when the road gets tough. A dedicated real estate agent will not only be there when the going gets tough, but will also know how to navigate you through it. What, you thought making the largest purchase or sale in your life would come without problems? You might ask your dedicated Realtor® what could go wrong, and how you can prepare. The best agent will be proactive, not reactive.
- Sympathy. Who doesn’t want a sympathetic agent? After all, every real estate transaction will be different. Not only in the piece of property involved, but also the parties involved. If your agent doesn’t know you, and what’s important to you (sympathy) how can he/she possibly deliver that? They can’t that’s how. If we weren’t real estate agents, we’d probably be life coaches.
All of that being said, we hope when you do decide to interview agents you’ll see The Miranda Team at The Keyes Company stands head and shoulders above the competition. Not only do you get a real estate agent. You get a team of agents and administrative staff to make sure your transaction is as smooth as possible. We’re ready to chat when you are. Feel free to give us a call.